The Re.Source Series by Cabin Max aims to lessen the environmental impact of our products by reducing the amount of virgin materials used to construct them. The main shell of this bag is produced from RPET - a polyester derived from used plastic bottles that ordinarily may have ended up in our oceans or in landfill.
The equivalent of 36 500ml plastic bottles are used to produce every bag, and the use of RPET also reduces the amount of energy and dye used during the production process.
We know this is just one small step - there’s still a lot more to do - but we are determined to continue making progress and ensuring you can travel to the max with a responsibly sourced product.
WHY WILL IT ARRIVE IN A COTTON BAG?
Most products need some sort of packaging to protect them during transport and storage. It didn’t seem right to package the Metz Re.Source in an ordinary clear plastic bag that couldn’t be recycled, so we’ve chosen to transport it in an undyed cotton drawstring bag.
This bag is recyclable and we encourage you to use it again, perhaps as a travel laundry bag or for another use.
The cotton bag is more likely to pick up marks during transportation than its plastic counterpart – sorry about this! If your cotton bag does pick up a mark or two, just pop it in the wash with the rest of your light fabrics and it should come out good as new.
- Metz Re.Source Recycled 44L Cabin backpack, constructed from RPET – A polyester made from used plastic bottles that may have ordinarily ended up in landfill or the ocean. The equivalent of 36 500ml plastic bottles are used in the construction of every bag.
- Delivered in undyed cotton drawstring bag, ideal for using as a travel laundry bag.
- A European Bestseller since 2009 – The super-lightweight Metz bag weighs just 0.660kg and is the go-to bag for all journeys. Measures 55x40x20cm - Suitable for 94% of airlines worldwide.
- Huge 44L unimpeded load area for unrivalled packing freedom. Adjustable padded backpack straps
- Side compression straps. Front organiser compartment with pockets for keys, gadgets and travel documents.